Monday, August 20, 2007

The 40's Summer Vacation, more pix

The rest of the week went on like that. Get up wicked early, take Snoop-A-Loop for a walk, or go mtbiking, or kayaking, or fishing, then quahoggin'/fishing in the afternoon, or beer/fancy wine drinking at night or... well, you get the picture. Thats what makes summer vacation sweeeet.
There's something about getting up before, well, everyone, and seeing stuff no one else gets to see. Here is school house pond one Misty Morning, with no one else around but the mosquitos and other natives. I was digging the early morning riding so much that this past sunday I got up, filled up the camelbak, loaded up on rice crispy treats (Courtesy of Mrs. Flat Tires... They ROCKED!), and headed south from the homestead on the singlespeed vaguely towards the blue trail. I picked it up just south of arcadia, where we head in on Ramhadab on the power lines.
I checked out the campsite in Carolina to see how low the water was. Still WAY tooo low to try a river trip.

Coming out in the back of the corn/turf farms is one of my favorite parts of the ride. Here is the old barn.

Seeing as blogger's not going to let me add yet another picture, i'll end this post here. I just realized that this will be a record third post of the day.
Sleepy... OMG, I'm sorry to hear about the ibucket (pre-production serial number -0001) losing a nut... I had the same thing happen on the last prototype.. I've got a fix for it(loctite) and will be sure to hook you up over RAMHADAB weekend. Speaking of which, those of you who have been patiently waiting on the "I'll build ya one I swear" list for an ibucket will also be happy at RAMHADAB. I'm hoping to clear out all works-in-progress systems in the next three weeks. You can see I get real distracted by nice weather. As it gets cooler around here during the last days of summer conditions for project and/or garage building sessions will improve.

-40.

1 comment:

Crayons taste like purple said...

I am always envious of your vacations. The 40's just seem to do it right... What better way to relax and recharge than getting out on little trips and taking your time to enjoy the surroundings?