Monday, August 20, 2007

The 40's Summer Vacation aka messin' around in the beermuda triangle and parts south.

Mrs 40 and I took a rare we-both-get-to-take-the-same-week-off vacation last week... the weather was still good enough to enjoy the last of the summer. Snoopy came with us down to Charlestown.
Snoopy's getting pretty good running around in the woods.

The first weekend I was at the salt pond my sister and her husband Kaptin Krunch were there. Here she is with her dog Zack on the back of my mom's new hobie outback utility kayak. This picture was hard to take with Snoopy perched on the front of my wooden kayak.
Mornings on the saltpond are incredible. Here is the back channel just as the sun is about to come up. The next day Mrs 40 and I went out in the kayaks. Here we are taking a beer and littlenecks on the half break on a sandbar. BTW... clamming down there these days is tough... half the pond is polluted, green hill pond is completely polluted. (see post on the other blog titled... "Where Clean Water Used to Be")
Mrs 40 taking a corona break.

More pix to come.. stay tuned.

No comments: