Monday, May 01, 2006

MMM....Margaritas

I christened my kayak this weekend....in the water. I took the kayak out of the living room and put it on the Farmington River. An eleven mile stretch, all flat water. My ex, GW came with me ( I grabbed her boob once on the trip.) I saw 4 people on the river on the whole trip. Left my bike at her house on the river, drove up with the kayaks, paddled down, a leisurely 3 hour jaunt. Got on our bikes and rode 15 miles back to the car on the bike path. Margaritas were waiting for us in my car, lots of good margaritas that I made the night before. On the bike ride, I sprinted ahead of her a couple times which was a little painful due to the fact that I rode my bike to work on Saturday, 17 miles with large hills (not like the ones in RI). It was a good day.
Very nice kayak....thanks 40

2 comments:

Forty Oz2freedom said...

Were you guys cold kayaking? We need to scout out FARTAB routes soon. Maybe weekend after next? Maybe Memorial Day weekend?

Bald Boy Wonder said...

I wasn't cold. I even took my shirt off towards the end to avoid the farmers tan. She was cold when the wind blew. It was sunny and breezy, about 72 degrees. We started at 11 am. and ended about 2:15.
I want to do it myself and see how long it'll take.