Monday, April 24, 2006

"Green"

My feeling of the local Earth Day festivities took a couple days to digest... There were so many people were out driving around that we joked about the "Damn Earth Day Traffic..."

Yeah, I felt pretty guilty caravanning a few cars together to pull garbage from the woods while the trails next to my house get beer-can strewn faster than I can pick them up. (I don't care if you drink beer in the woods, lots of people do, just take your f'ing trash with you... and if you drink from bottles don't smash them!)

Along the same lines, I feel like a hypocrite most times I drive anywhere I could have ridden my bike whenever the weather is reasonable (not snowing or raining and less than 5 miles and not having to carry alot of stuff).

Eh... trying though... I didn't get into this car-suburbia lifestyle overnight, not going to get out of it instantly either.

Hopefully my job will move closer to home, or *to* home someday like Crayon's is. (Yes I'm jealous :) ) Until then I'll drive the veggiecar when I can't ride a bike. Yeah it's still driving but better than burning more fossil fuels.

Along those lines the next project in the Pandapas skunkworks is a massive cargo hauling bike. Planning on being able to carry a least a couple big rubbermaid tubs, maybe a gas grill, some trail tools, lumber, maybe a portable sound system. Tenatively it will be know as the BFB... Big F*cking Bike until someone can come up a better acronym. After the bike is done i'll finish the tank on veggie car so I can stop using biodiesel and just use vegoil straight.

One step at a time I guess. Every gallon of oil I don't burn is a dollar less in some rich a-hole's pocket and three more in mine.

40-

------------------------------------------------------------------
4-25-06 Addendum

Today W announced he is going to stop deposits into the strategic petroleum reserve, and loosen refinery standards to help ease the price of gasoline.

Am I the only one who thinks "WTF?" when I read these things?

The strategic petroleum reserve is just that... STRATEGIC. Though I guess we don't need that anymore now that they we just picked up another strategic petroleum reserve in the mideast (Iraq).

Easing gasoline standards... arg. Bad enough he worked his magic on the Clean Air Act.

Give me a break. Get your asses out of your cars, onto a bike, and quit b*tching about $3 a gallon.

2 comments:

Sleepy Gonzalez said...

Can anyone help me find an alternative energy source for when my strategic petroleum jelly reserves run out?

Forty Oz2freedom said...

Veggie Oil :)