Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hottest stuff: EVER

Okay- so when I take a road trip, I like the beef jerky. *insert joke here*

Fantastic product:

Filling.

Manly.

Low carbs. Oh- and did I mention: Manly? *jkg of course*

Yeah- so on the way home from Canada on previous instances I had come across 'damn good beef jerky' before.

And yeah- it was good. Damn good? Perhaps depending on the quality of jerky one has tasted before- but certainly worthy of throwing down the gullet, and certainly a good call for gas station treats.

Well- on the way home from Snoe.down, GUDG and I decided to pull the veritable death march o' jerky. We had two types of Pemican. Jack Daniels. Local variety. Etc. Basically- there was a multitude of flavors. Also included were three kinds of Damn Good, including this one:




Now- to preface the scene: I like hot stuff. Really. I measure how good certain foods are by a visible scale. An example of a good dish might be: 'Copious amounts of nose sweat, slight forehead sweat, overall nice flavor'.

So when I see a label advertising 'careful' and 'you might die', I tend to take it with a grain of salt. Dave's Insanity Sauce is really good stuff on crackers for me... That being said- I enjoy hot things for the taste- not for killing myself. So when sugar in some form was five of the first eight ingredients in this product, I was not expecting much.

Boy.

Was I wrong.

If you come across this product, heed the warning. Man- is it good... After the piece in the photo, I was just thankful I was not driving as I swear this stuff was jerky-peyote. So hot that it made me see things. Wow...

And the scary thing was- GUDG and I tried a piece each, complained about how incredibly hot it was, and once we cooled off could not help but to go another round! If you must purchase- consider the smaller bag, as this product is TOO good for mortal consumption.

Mmmmm... Kind of sounds good right about now...

1 comment:

Greased Up Deaf Guy said...

I think I'm still suffering the repercussions from that incident. Probably the best and worst jerky at the same time. Absolutely fantastic hot jerky. I would consider coating my mouth in wax (a la Homer-style) just to be able to keep eating that delicious beef product. Having a product like this jerky makes me proud to be a carnivore, and damn glad I'm not a veggie-tarian. As a matter of fact, I still have 2 pieces left right now, and I'm going to eat them. And die. But, what a way to go!