Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Icy Rims

Man.. I've had a sh*tty couple of days at work.... on top of a somewhat crappy year. Sometimes there are pretty cool parts of my job, just lately there have been a whole lot more bad parts. Yesterday and today were all bad parts.

So tonight I took a bike ride when I got home. It's 20F out, was getting dark, but man I had to go for a ride. I tucked a beer in my camelbak and rode down to the river. The ride was alright.. nothing crazy... just blowing off steam. Yeah..don't get me wrong.. riding is always fun, but not as much when it's cold. Anyhow.. on the way home my tires broke through the ice on a puddle and the rims froze up. Ugg.. my bike is far from fancy... I still use the v brakes that came with the bike and they did nothing on the icy rims.... stopping at the bottom of the hill by my house was... exciting. (maybe time for disk brakes?)

I can't wait for spring..... I can't even imagine what a 70 degree day would feel like.

(tomorrow night is Long Trail Beer night at the Up River Cafe down in Westerly. Mmmmmmm Hit the Trail Ale.)

No comments: