Sunday, February 19, 2006

First the good news...

.....most of the snow we got last weekend melted this week. We had few days in the 40s-50s and some rain. There are still dirty piles of snow here and there but for the most part it's gone. The weather was clear and cold yesterday, so I decided to go for a quick ride down to the river. On the way there I saw a robin... big deal you say.. well, it means winter is just about over!

The bad news is that my ipod died this weekend. I had wanted one since they first came out for Non-Macs, but it fell under the "That thing is waaaayyyyy too f'ing expensive" category. Mrs. FortyOz got me one for my birthday a couple years ago and it has been in continuous operation since. No exageration, every day I use it probably 6-12 hours a day. Friday I was in the garage working on a project (by project I mean drinking beer and eating pistachios) listening to the Wall, and the harddrive started making all kinds of crazy noises, grinding and crunching then I got this screen:



I checked online, that screen either means the hard drive needs formatting, or it's dead. Since I couldn't get the thing to do anything, I'm guessing it's dead. The battery life has been getting pretty bad too, so I'm going to order a new hardrive and battery and replace them. Until then, I'm hurting without tunes. Ugg.

2 comments:

Crayons taste like purple said...

I read this with 'Taps' playing in my head. In your iPod's will- did it leave the remote to my iPod, or is that to be buried along with it if you can not ressurect it?

*jk*

Sorry to hear it, man. Don't know how you are going to survive...

Forty Oz2freedom said...

My ipod remote will stay tucked in my speedo. Always.

ack.. yeah it's been a tough couple days. I've decided to try to revive this one($150 in parts) rather than buy a new ipod($300).

i ordered a new hard drive and figured i would upgrade the battery while i had the case cracked. I will post pictures and commentary of the operation when the arrive.

In the meantime I've been listening to the old cd player...
Crayon's RAMHADAB Mix Vol 2 to be exact. It's a classic. Can't wait for Volume 3.