Monday, January 02, 2006

NYRAD Vol 1

So I was thinking over the weekend about a winter bike festival to complement the other local festivals my friends and I put on throughout the year (RAMHADAB and FARTAB... more on those another time..)

Then it hit me... New Years Day... whats better than riding around with friends and having some beverages. NYRAD was born... "New Years Ride and Dr*nk". Quick phone calls made and emails sent. Everyone liked the idea, but already had plans..mostly recovering from hangovers and watching football. BAH! Nothing like a little hair of the dog, and we've got Tivo.

No matter.. Brian and I would kick it off this year. So.. yesterday we got up, got loaded up, filled the hydration packs with some beverages and off we rode. Instead of loading up the car and driving somewhere, we rode down the street to the local rail trail. I rode my single speed, Bri rode my 3 spd commuter. Yeah, it had snowed a couple inches overnight but whatever... we were rode anyway. Quick ride on the street, down the embankment, and off we went. First stop was at the top of the dam, cut through the woods, then back to the trail. Second stop was at the river for a 22s of the finest barley pop. We rode around the woods there for a while, slipping and sliding in the snow, generally messing around. I took a few funny pictures, then we headed back to the dam, then home for some homemade chili... yummy.

It was fun, couple hours of riding, with frequent rest stops. Didn't see anyone else out there except a couple kids goofing around too.

I didn't even have to move the car yesterday... now that's a good day.

2 comments:

Greased Up Deaf Guy said...

I think this is the greatest idea ever - 40 oz., you are a pure genius. I wish I could attend all your events especially if this "FARTAB" includes sexy men in speedos. Rumor has it that there's been speedo sitings in the past. Could you please give some of the newer bloggers a taste of what RAMHADAB Volume 3 will be titled....

Best is yet to come.

Forty Oz2freedom said...

Hehehe... Yeah. I'll talk about last year's FARTAB(Vol 2) soon. I need to find the pictures.

RAMHADAB Vol 3... the slogan will be "Mount Up and Ride".