Sunday, May 31, 2009

FARTAB Vol. 6 (Part II)

By late morning/early afternoon, the sun had broken through.











This made me happy- so I thought that I would document it.









Dogg and Kaptain Krunch seemed to be entertained no matter what the weather. Which is nice... Though I have to admit- I was always afraid that they were up to something, so I tried to keep my distance...









This year we skipped our normal lunch spot by the horseshoe falls and kept going, deciding to stop further down river. It was already well past lunch time so that might not have been the best course of action considering the time allocated towards the -ADAB portion of the trip.






This also gave me time to take pictures of the old broken down mill parts that line the river. Every time we pass one of these spillways it drives me crazy that there is not some kind of turbine capturing the water power. Seems to me that either the dam should be gone or should be used. One or the other. The parts of our past era as an economy when we actually made stuff is beautiful and kind of depressing...


From here on out, lots of rafting up was the call. It was nice that the river was so high- it allowed for us to make good time distance wise on the river with very little effort. And it made it easy to pass beverages off, too!







Just the way FARTAB should be. More F'ing (floating) less paddling and exertion!

No comments: