Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A post....just a little late

OK, I just re-read this post and it sucks...not very creative, kinda boring, but hey....so's my life, so leave me alone.

For New Years, GardenGirl and I and a couple went to a B&B in Bennington VT. It was a working farm. Nice place. In the middle of nowhere and it was even better with all the snow. They got 12" of snow the night before we got there, on top of the 18" of snow already on the ground. Then New Year's Day, they got another 6" of snow. You can see some of the things working on the farm here. They had some very vocal cows who like it when we talked to them. We had a two room suite above the carriage house (aka garage). It was nice cause we stayed up late. We cooked dinner in the driveway with some charcoal and a dutch oven. Not having to go out on New Year's Eve rocks. We started drinking early, right when we got home from our adventure......you'll see pics below.
We went snowshoeing following a winter trails book that I had. It said it was an easy trail. The easy trail was only 5 miles long, which is fine during the summer, but when you are hauling extra heavy shoes around that carry snow with it, it makes it much longer. Plus the trail was pretty steep the whole way. We climb a small mountain, Mt. Olga. There's no way I would have called this trail easy. I'm not complaining, I enjoyed it, I'm just saying.
Here's me reading the book to make sure I knew where I was and I realized that there was a nudie picture stuck into the book.
And finally GardenGirl taking off, trying to get away. I kept threatening to push her over because I knew with the deep powder and her snowshoes, she would have a hard time getting up.
Anyways, it was my first time snowshoeing in really deep snow. It was great. I love winter. I wish we had more of it around here.
New Year's Day, after having baked apples and french toast at the main house of the B&B, we went snowshoeing again while the 6" of snow fell. We just went across the street from where we stayed on the trial system there. Not to anywhere in particular, more just to get out.

2 comments:

Crayons taste like purple said...

I think you are being a little hard on yourself (*snicker* I said, 'hard on'!), BBW... This was a FANTABULOUS post. I like reading about your expeditions, whether VT or PEI. Good info, good pictures, good stuff. Thanks and keep it coming! Sorry that I am missing the trip to ME in a few weeks, looking forward to hearing about it, though...

Crayons taste like purple said...

I just realized- Mount. Olga. *giggle*! Hope you bought her dinner first!