Monday, January 21, 2008

Beermuda Triangle Work Exchange Program

Hello!
Another busy week and weekend around the BeerMuda triangle. CTLP found a potential solution to the snowplow digging up our gravel driveways... cover the cutting edge with a piece of pipe. After some research on Plowsite.com, we confirmed this is the hot setup for our problem. So.. We packed up some pipe (snicker), and headed over to the FlatTires world famous workshop. You might recall this is where the plow got stuck on my truck in the firstplace.

FlatTires and I figured the easiest way to attach to the plow is to weld it on. The westsider CTLP disagreed and bolted his on. Eh.. his Big Red Truck and plow is waaayy fancier than mine, and I figure i can alway take the pipe off in a couple mintues with a die-grinder and a cutoff wheel. FlatTires rocked... had both plows all fixed up in no time.


Last weekend we split about 3-4 cords w a splitter over the 40s house. FlatTires had wood too (*more snickering*) that he needed split, so we hit it with a maul, wedge, etc.

Here is a particularly stubborn piece... CTLP got the maul stuck, then the wedge, and when FlatTires tried to liberate them with the chainsaw,, that got stuck too! F-U Mr Oak!!!

Overall, I figure we split/stacked 2-3 cords or so. Check it out:


This morning I could barely lift my arms. Wood is heavy. (giggle.)

keep warm... see you soon!

-40

1 comment:

Crayons taste like purple said...

Heh... Wood... Pipe... Heh... Good day worth of activity- made me miss splitting by hand. Think I am going to go out and hand split the bucked up pieces that I had drying and waiting for the splitter next year. Might as well get 'er done!