Friday, May 25, 2007

Dogs and Kayaks



I took the day off today in exchange for working last weekend. It was so freakin hot here today. 90+ most of the day. In the morning I spent some time getting stuff together to head down to the beach.

I plunked the kayak in the water at the salt pond and used the same tactics that have been pretty successful getting Snoopy in the kennel and bike trailer: A kong filled with peanut butter. Before long he forgot about the water gurgling by and settled in. We got out to the sandbar and he got to run around like a maniac, then back in the boat for the short paddle home. I think the only problem was that it was *too* hot for him and there wasn't really any shade. I kept it short this time. I think he'd like an early morning, or late afternoon boat trip better.

Mark your calenders: FARTAB Vol 4 is June 8-9th. Check the archives for pictures of what to expect.

Have a good long weekend! -40

No comments: