Friday, May 25, 2007

And it starts again.....

My first almost daily bike ride and swim on the way home from work was yesterday. I've realized that if I go home, I can find any excuse to sit on my couch and take a nap, which then leads me to do nothing all evening. So I last year I started keeping my bike in my car and going to the river on the way home from work. Ride from there about one mile to the bike path, where I can ride up to about 60 miles if so desired (the most I've done after work was 40, but it's there if I want it). Then when I get back to my car, change and go for a swim in the Farmington River (just upriver from the poop plant). So the first swim was yesterday, and hopefully do another one today. I have taken naps in my car before my ride, I do get up at 5 for work in the morning. Just turn on the radio, lean back and take a 20 minute power nap before the ride.

Side note.....on my ride yesterday, a little girl said that I have a nice bike. She was about six. I don't think it had anything with my bike being pink.

No comments: