Thursday, February 08, 2007

Go with what ya got

Mrs 40 is always complaining that I'm... frugal. I prefer to think I tend to use what I have onhand rather than go out and buy something. Go with what ya got and all... ya know?

Here is the latest project. I needed a shelf to put up the amp and the xbox on. I didn't really want to go to the store to get a shelf, so a 2x4 ripped down the center, a couple angle brackets, a board, and, my new favorite structural item, Bike chains!

I don't know why Mrs 40 got so mad when she saw my handiwork, I cleaned them first. *Shrug*.

3 comments:

Crayons taste like purple said...

I'm gonna dub that the, "Ghetto shelf". Now if you had taken the time to router the edges and stain it, I am guessing that Mrs. 40 would have less reason to complain. Personally, I like it as is, but as all us married folk know, 'if the Mrs. ain't happy- ain't NOBODY happy'... Word.

Forty Oz2freedom said...

So after I got the amp all set up, wires run, it sh*t the bed. No idea why... I bought it for fifty bucks from craiglist and it worked when i picked it up... but i guess you get what you pay for. Crap!

Router? Stain? No way.. that would detract from the "I built this in five minutes while drinking" look.

I like that look.

Bald Boy Wonder said...

I like your shelf in the foreground and the mrs' cabinet in the background. Nice contrast of styles.