Friday, September 22, 2006

RAMHADAB Vol 3! (....part 1)



Sorry this took me so long to pull a report together. Mrs 40 and I sold our house, packed, and moved to a new house over the last few weeks after RAMHADAB. I just got my computer set back up, and a few spare minutes from working/unpacking to write this up.

So... after what seemed like a very short summer, Labor Day Weekend arrived. Thursday night Greased Up Deaf Guy and I got out to BJs(*snicker*) to buy the food for the weekend. I was busy packing that day and dropped a box of bike handlebars on my foot....right on my toe. It hurt like h*ll and looked horrible. I didn't care, I figured I was going to ride anyway.



The keg of choice was Flying Dog, Doggy Style Pale Ale. This was to keep with our theme of Mount Up and Ride! It was an exhausting choice to pick this beverage, but all the hard work was worth it. It was a fine choice of ale with a good blend of.. um... hops, barley, and liquidy goodness.

The riders began to arrive Friday night for the traditional pasta dinner and keg tapping. We made some last minute bike adjustments in CTLPs garage and made the t-shirts(the design is at the top of the post).



The next morning the crew assembled. The forecast was for Tropical Storm Ernesto to spoil the party, but we weren't going to let a little rain stop us. The trails were dry for the past few days of sun, and the weatherman was 50-50 on rain during the ride. So.. off we went...(as much as BBW wanted Maggie to ride with him for "company", she stayed home with her mom)



:

No comments: