Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finally, new computer


Fate of the old computer..


Mrs 40 and I had been clunking along for the last 7 years with a very old celeron desktop with 512 meg of ram. the hard drive crashed about annually, thoughh after the first time we got wicked smaaat and bought a USB backup hard drive.

Well, two months ago it died once again, and I'm giving up fixing it. Its amazing what you can get for a laptop these days, price and performance wise. Long story short, I can finally update the blog (can't use my work computer for that), upload vacation and trip pix from the last 2 months. Thanks to my credit card cash back bonus deal, the laptop was free!! whooo hooo. Anyhow, I just finished setting up the critical stuff, like downloading firefox to avoid the evil internet explorer, and finding an ancient copy of winamp that works just fiiiiiiiiiiine. Tomorrow I'll probably get to putting itunes on it... yeahhhh. nice.

Stay tuned for updates! -40.

No comments: