Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Solar Powered Stuff

I have some links to a couple solar projects. The first is water that is disinfected using only sunlight. It sounds pretty cool for lightweight camping trips and survival situations, or in the case of the website, third world countries. It's more of a technique and principles than anything.

The second is a solar charger that Outside magazine gave high regards for (not sure if they are paid to do that or not) so I figured it is worth a look by someone who knows a bit, enter 40oz.

2 comments:

Forty Oz2freedom said...

Cool! I'll check out these links.

I have some ideas for home built solar projects myself.

1) a solar oven. I found some plans online... I don't expect to actually be able to cook much with it, but it would be cool to build.

2) a solar dehydrator. this is something we could use in the summer for drying out the excess of tomatos etc for storage. I guess we could use the oven, but what fun is that.

-40

Bald Boy Wonder said...

I definitely think you would be able to cook in the summer midday using a black cast iron pot. Possibly even other times of the day and year depending on the size of of your design. I want to try one of these designs this summer. Any one for chicken kiev?
http://solarcooking.org/plans/