Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sledding

The 'early' snow this season got me thinking about sledding. Simple, fun, easy, anyone can do it. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I went sledding. Usually, snow sports now involve a 4+ hour drive to Vermont, $50+ lift ticket, and all that. Mrs 40 and I don't even own a sled. Well, now that we have snow on the ground and a wood pile pretty freaking far from the stove, i'm thinking it would be good to at least have a firewood sled to drag it down the hill in the snow rather than by wheelbarrow, and it would be cool to have a sled for bombing down hills.

These guys seem to have their sh*t together on both fronts. Drag your winter camping gear out to the yurt in a sled, then use the sled to for some fun... check out the videos. They are so serious about a good sledding run they berm the run with brush piles in the fall! I'm thinking this would be do-able on the FlatTires loop.

I'm thinking we should all find some sleds, find a big hill, bust out the ibucket, and go sledding!

1 comment:

Crayons taste like purple said...

It is time. Follow me to freedom. We need to christen the new hottness next snowstorm. It will be awesome, and the revolution WILL be televised. We are going to rock the new sledding trail soon!!!