Sunday, March 25, 2007

Five Boro Ride May 6th


Hey,
A bunch of us will be heading down to NYC for the 30th annual Five Boro Ride. If you've ever wanted to ride in the City without cars and with 30,000 of your friends... this is the ride for you. Its 42 miles of riding around NYC... a rolling party.

I need to figure out what bike i'm going to ride... with so many people a single speed might not do it... maybe the geared road bike.. or I might break down and slap some gears on the Karate Monkey.

Hmmm Dunno. I'd consider the bfb (loaded with a cooler and a grill) but we need to take the train in from GUDG's mom's house in New Haven.

Register by April 6th and save some $. I'm sending in my form tomorrow.

-40

4 comments:

Crayons taste like purple said...

Sucky timing. I have been contemplating attending this event for over 5 years now... Never had others that wanted to go until now! Checked with Mrs. CTLP and she reminded me that I have a business trip that day. Booooooo!!!

Get it done and make sure to take lots of pictures so I get totally jealous.

Bald Boy Wonder said...

I think we should put cards in our spokes and act like we are driving motorcycles around all day.
Or all wear speedos and swimming goggles and swimming caps. Then act all confused when we see all the bikes.
Or wear the mexican blanets and somberos and ask everyone where the burros to ride are. Tell them we thought it was a burro ride in conjuntion with Cince de Mayo.

Bald Boy Wonder said...

It sounds like Garden Girl (my ex) is going to join us on the ride. It's getting bigger. We're going to sign up this week. We'll look into the train and see what it's all about. We'll let you know.

Forty Oz2freedom said...

Garden Girl.. cool. It's going to be a fun day. I like the idea of dressing up like @sses.. i mean.. burros. There's five of us riding now right? :) Get it... Five Burros..... ?