Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Beermuda Triangle

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Mrs 40 and I sold our house in WhiteTrashLand and (until yesterday) didn't have any place to go. Of course, I've been stressing, searching, bothering GUDG with questions about land, and generally freaking out. Big Time.

This weekend we finally found someplace to live...hopefully. We're moving west and south... all the way to the backwoods of Exeter RI. Now, to those of you who don't live in Rhode Island, a 20 mile move might seem short, but to us... it's like moving to another planet. From our old house I could see a good 15-17 other houses depending on the time of the year, out there we'll see none. Zero. That should work out well for us.

The house we're moving into is much closer to CTLP and FlatTiresFink. I thought I was going to be really clever and call this the "Beermuda Triangle" until a websearch returned no fewer than 8 pages of Beermuda Triangle references... one to BeermudaTriangle.com. Oops.

One reference was to a post over at the very cool SurlyBlog (from the freaks at surly bikes... ). Recently (this weekend) they organized a Beermuda Triangle ride! They rode from brewery to brewery to beer stash in the woods... no less than 100 people. OMG.. this sounded like a mix of a Critical Mass ride (back when they were fun) and one of our Beer Fueled Bike/Kayak/Beer Festivals.

Don't forget, we are about three weeks from RAMHADAB Vol 3.

If you haven't gotten in your recommendation for keg choice please email me, CTLP, or GUDG. Tastings will take place starting tomorrow night.

BTW, This will be the last event planned in the original Pandapas Skunkworks whiteboard.... I'm sure planning the weekend will be as big of a party as the weekend itself. (who am I kidding? the weekend will be ridiculous).
RAMHADAB Vol 3 is looking to have the highest turnout ever... come on out!

Try to make one of these upcoming 'training' rides:

(By training I mean some riding, eating cheeseburgers, and drinking beers).

Tonight:
The West Warwick/Coventry Ghettotrack. Flat easy ride. (email me for details)

Tomorrow:
Arcadia Ride, starting at CTLPs@ 5:30pm

Cya, 40-

2 comments:

Crayons taste like purple said...

Now- how many people will be lost in this triangle?

Sleepy Gonzalez said...

I'm hoping to find myself.