Thursday, July 20, 2006

Keeping cool....

I wanted to post this just because of the lack of activity but then 40oz posted about RAMHADAB VOL. 3. Go RAMHADAB!!!
But I'm posting anyways. I found this great place to go swimming on my way home in the Farmington Rover. The water's really cold, but it's really clean (thanks Mr. Fisherman fighting to keep it clean). All the waste water treatment plants are downstream. Anyways, it's only about 3 minutes out of my way home. Monday night, I rode my bike down there, went swimming, then rode home. About a 5-1/2 mile ride each way. It was nice to get there, go swimming after riding, except when I got home I was all hot again. Plus I was all screwed up on the way home, getting warmed up on the ride there, then cooling off dramatically, then having to warm up again.
So Tuesday morning, I loaded up my car with bike, suit, etc. But I worked really late for a friend in town, so I got there too late to do anything with the bike, so I just went swimming. Yesterday, I stopped on my way home, rode 35 miles (it's about 1 mile down the road from the bike path), then went swimming. It was abolutely great. I'm going to check the weather and go there now. Stop reading this and go outside and enjoy the world.

No comments: