Saturday, February 14, 2009

Melting!

Hey, This winter we had alot of snow (for RI anyway). This past week it got up to 50 for a couple days and melted most of the snow! Sweet. I can see the ground out in the yard, and all of Snoopy's sh*t that he left in the snow all winter is scattered around like little brown landmines. Guess I know what I'm cleaning up later today. Great.

Here is the cold frame I made last weekend:
Here are the carrots I tried to save through the winter.. Ihave no idea if they will recover but eh.. its worth a shot:
This weekend I'm going to start some seeds out there. Snap peas, chard, spinach, and mache. Some claim its never too early to start greens but eh... I don't believe them. In case you haven't looked at a calendar, we are now 12 weeks before the typical last frost (Mid-May). Time to get seedlings started inside for stuff that can't be direct seeded. Start with cold hardy things this week, and then in about 6 weeks start tomatoes, squash etc indoors. Don't forget to pick up some seed potatoes for planting early/mid april!!! This year we're just planting red potatoes I think.

Here is Kaptain Krunch about to eat one-day old venison tenderloins cooked in butter with home grown kennebec potatoes cooked over a wood fire. This is living.




Cya! -40.

No comments: