Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Additions to the BFB

Front derailers drive me insane. I avoid them where possible. I've stopped using them on mtbikes a couple seasons ago but was still using one on the BFB where one is really needed... it's tough carrying all that crap or a passenger without looooow gears to get up hills. But, all that extra chain and sloppy shifting was getting old so I dug out an old SRAM 3x7 wheel I had made for the tandem recumbent project. I took apart the bike and set it up.

Nice and clean up front now!



Also, after taking a passenger, I realized I needed some handlebars and footpegs. I rigged up the handlebars pretty easy, but ended up buying the real-deal Footsies made for the Xtracycle kit.
I also broke a couple front spokes, so swapped out the front wheel for a tandem specific wheel. This is wicked rugged.

Other than that, I've been pretty busy getting the yard ready for spring... and FARTAB Vol 5!!!


FARTAB is in less than 2 weeks! I'm working to get CTLPs ibucket ready in time. This weekend I started a batch of three ibuckets. I brought the namesake ingredient over to the FlatTires for processing...via BFB of course!







No comments: