Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fartab-a-riffic.


Yeah- so 40 already had a nice wrap-up of the trip, so I am not going to double up on his efforts. I do have a video ready to go, but apparently Blogger is about to release video upload capabilities, so I think that I will wait for that to post the video rather than upload it to YouTube and link to it. Unless there is great demand for it right now?

Anyways- the float/drinking worked out quite well this year- I am digging the alternate route. Less portages. Easier portages. Arrival at the campsite in plenty of time to set up and eat while it is still light out. That saves rushing around, which is nice...

The weather forcast was rain, so we set up tarps over the main camping area and collected enough firewood both for the night and to cook breakfast the next morning. Actually- we ended up collecting more than we needed, so hopefully the karma-coaster will pay it forward for us the next time around.


Sleepy showcases his version of the Lynndie (no trip is complete without one) while dinner is cooking:

The rain held off for most of the night- only a few passing light showers. The next morning we actually managed to sleep in a little and had plenty of time to prepare the all important breakfast of champions before hitting the river again

The sky was pretty ominous when we started out, but for some reason I was really optimistic that the rain would hold out.

Unfortunately I have no future as a psychic. If we set out 20 minutes earlier we would have had the car packed up and been on the road before the sky opened up- instead we were within sight of the landing when the rain began

I know that 40 can't wait for the movie to be put up on the blog, so perhaps I will make it happen sooner than originally planned. The film through the mousehole is a good time. Planning will soon commence for RAMHADAB- hopefully I will no longer feel like I was run over by the time that arrives...

1 comment:

Forty Oz2freedom said...

Nice picts! You guys need to see the video CTLP put together.. it rocks!