Wednesday, December 20, 2006

long night

You florida and warm-weather folks can just bite me with your, "What? It's *dark* already up there??? We're still in the pool and it's 75!" Hehehehe

So every year around this time i get two thoughts stuck in my head. First, 'why is it so f'ing dark out...' and second, ' Whew! It's *finally* the darkest it's going to get...'

Anyhow. The second thought.

tomorrow is the shortest day of the year. It's something to think about....it only gets better than this from here on... more light every day until summer.

I'm missing my self enforced summer vacation during the longest days of the year. In a single day in the summer around here you can Get up and go surfing/kayaking/mtbiking... then eat breakfast... then go surfing/kayaking/windsurfing/sailing..... the eat lunch....etc you get the picture.

Though, around the holidays I'd prefer to hibernate. Next week I hope I can do some of that. Can't wait.

Don't forget, NYRAD about a week away. that's right... New Year's Ride And Drink. Mtbiking down to the river to do some backwoods recuperating and whatnot on New Year's Day. Head on down if you can.

40-

3 comments:

Crayons taste like purple said...

Providence Cycle is having a Winter Solstace Ride tomorrow from 8pm-midnight. I wish I were not still sick, as that sounds like a blast... If you are interested just go to the Pickle Park & Ride (the lot that we meet at for the Bat Patrol ride on Thurs. nights by Center of New England shopping off the Turnpike) and find Travis.

I may even decide to struggle through it sickness and all, though the phlegm quotient may prevent it...

Crayons taste like purple said...

Sorry: 9pm-midnight.

Forty Oz2freedom said...

I went for a short ride around the 'neighborhood' last night with FlatTires, then drank beer by a fire.

We both agreed that the Winter Solstice deserves an "-adab" event planned for next year. It's a good time to get together before the holidays swamp us all.